Last Updated January 2021
1. Categories of Personal Data, purposes of processing and legal basis on which PVH processes Personal Data
Personal Data and Data Elements
PVH may ask you to submit Personal Data that can be used to identify you (identifiers). The following Personal Data is collected when you wish to come into contact with us or place orders:
- Name (first- and last name)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Billing details
It is possible that you submit other Personal Data to PVH, for example in a question you ask PVH through email, phone, or fax in connection with your order.
Purpose and Legal basis
We will use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide access to and process your orders: Once we have created your account you’ll be able to submit orders through the Websites or via one of our other channels. This includes answering your queries on the phone, via post, via e-mail, via fax or online. This is part of the agreement we have concluded with you.
- To answer your questions and handle complaints: If you have submitted a question to us or have otherwise asked us to get into contact with you, we will use the Personal Data provided by you to handle your request or complaint. It is in our legitimate business interest to provide you with the best services;
- To send you marketing messages: if you have consented to receive such messages, we will use your Personal Data to send you direct marketing messages;
- To fulfil our legal obligations: for example our financial bookkeeping obligations.
2. Who has access to your Personal Data?
The Personal Data are processed exclusively by authorized employees of PVH and/or by external companies:
- Our employees may have access to the Personal Data. In such a case, access will be granted only if necessary for the purposes described above and only if the employee is bound by an obligation of confidentiality;
- We may share your Personal Data with an entity of PVH if this is necessary for the handling of your request;
- We may share your Personal Data with third parties acting on our behalf. These third parties include service providers. In such cases, these third parties may only use your Personal Data for the purposes described above and only in accordance with our instructions;
- We may share your Personal Data if required to do so by law or court order, for example with law enforcement agencies or other governmental agencies.
3. How long will PVH keep your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data is retained no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which PVH collects and uses them. After the retention period your Personal Data will be deleted unless the retention of Personal Data is necessary to meet legal, financial, or regulatory requirements that apply to us, or if necessary for a business purpose.
4. What measures does PVH take to protect your Personal Data?
PVH has taken appropriate technical and organizational (security) measures to protect the Personal Data it processes against accidental or unlawful processing, such as unauthorized access, disclosure, damage or loss of Personal Data.
5. Questions and Your Rights
7. CCPA Supplemental Information
A. Who and what information is subject to the CCPA?
The CCPA protects California residents as “consumers” with respect to their personal information, although a number of exceptions apply. As a result, the Supplemental CCPA Disclosures and relevant CCPA Rights subsections below may not apply when they restrict our ability to comply with a court order or regulator with competent authority, federal, state or local laws, cooperation with law enforcement, exercise of our legal claims, or collection or use of de-identified information.
B. Supplemental CCPA Disclosures
We have set out below the categories of personal information we have collected about California residents in the preceding 12 months and describe, for each category of personal information collected, the business or commercial purposes for which the information was collected. Each of the categories of personal information listed in the table are collected directly from consumers. Each of the categories of personal information in the table may also be shared with the following categories of third parties: (i) our Service providers and business partners (ii) Government entities as required by applicable law (iii) other recipients at your discretion or with your consent (iv) Third parties in the event of a proposed or actual business transaction involving all or any portion of our business.
Additional information about sales of information can be found below the table.
|Category of personal information:||
We collected such personal information for the following purposes:
Identifiers: such as your name, postal address, email address, social media handle, telephone number, or Identification materials
We may use this information for any of the purposes described in section 1 above.
Categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code, including name, signature, address, telephone number, passport number, and credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information.
We use this information to process payment, fulfil your order, or process a return.
During the past 12 months, we shared certain categories of personal information about
C. CCPA Rights
California residents have the following rights:
Right to Opt-out of Sale: California residents have the right to opt-out of our “sales” of their personal information. To exercise this right, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Request to Opt-Out” in the subject line or call us at 1800-873-7203.
Right to Know: California residents have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell about them specifically. To submit a request to exercise this right to know, email us at email@example.com or call us at 1800-873-7203 with “California Request to Know” or and specify in your request the details you would like to know, including any specific pieces of personal information you would like to access.
Right to Delete: California residents have the right to request the deletion of personal information that we collect or maintain about them. To submit a request to delete personal information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Request to Delete” in the subject line, or call us at 1800-873-7203. Please specify in your request the personal information about you that you would like to have deleted, which can be all of your personal information as required by the CCPA.
Right Not to be Discriminated Against: You may not be discriminated against because you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA in violation of Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.125.
Financial Incentives: From time to time we offer consumers who provide their email address, phone number and/or zip code to us for the purposes of receiving our marketing communications, free shipping, or sometimes a discount on an order. Consumers may opt in by entering their information when prompted upon first visiting our website. Consumers may opt out of marketing communications at any time by following the instructions in such communications. The financial incentive is permitted under the CCPA because it is not discriminatory in nature—it does not deny consumers their rights under the CCPA or discriminate against consumers who may have exercised their rights under the CCPA.
If you submit a request to exercise your CCPA rights, we may ask that you provide certain information to verify your identity. If you have a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue. We will respond to your request in accordance with the CCPA. If we deny your request, we will explain why.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf if:
The authorized agent is a natural person or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State of California; and you sign a written declaration that you authorize the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise your right to know, right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information, or your right to request deletion, please have the authorized agent take the following steps in addition to the steps described earlier:
Email a certified copy of your written declaration authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf to PVH Corp. Privacy Office; and provide any information we request in our response to your email to verify your identity. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue.
If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, it may not be necessary to perform these steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the CCPA.